Macy's Canadian Appreciation Event
Due to popular demand and the success of Macy's recent Canadian Thanksgiving offer, we are bringing back a limited-time Canadian Appreciation Weekend Offer: a special 25% off coupon for merchandise sold at five U.S.-based Macy’s stores located near the Canadian border—at Walden Galleria Mall in Buffalo, NY; Boulevard Mall in Amherst, NY; Burlington Town Center in Burlington, VT; Maine Mall in South Portland, ME; and Bangor Mall in Bangor, ME. The offer extends from Friday, November 11 through Monday, November 14.
Macy’s Walden Galleria Mall
• This Macy’s store is one of the only locations that carry furs
• As the largest store in the area, Macy’s Walden Galleria Mall carries a large selection of designer brands for both men and women, such as Polo, Lacoste for him and Michael Kors and Free People for her, and Calvin Klein brand for both. Macy’s Walden is also known for being a social dress destination with designs by Adrianne Papell, Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.
Store Services: Stylists from the My Stylist @ Macy’s personal shopping service is available most weekends to help you select merchandise.
Local Attractions: The Walden Galleria Mall is itself a major tourist attraction offering multiple high-end stores, including Vera Bradley, Michael Kors and Apple. In the area, food lovers can check out the Broadway Market featuring some of Buffalo’s best meat stands, bakeries and candy stands. Casino fans will appreciate Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino or the Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel. Visitors can also see exhibits at the Buffalo Museum of Science and attend a show at Shea’s Performing Arts Center.
Address: 4 Walden Galleria, Cheektowanga, NY 14225
• from the Peace Bridge (between Toronto and Buffalo, NY—30 minutes
• from the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls—45 minutes
Directions: Take the 290 to I-90 to exit 52.
Accommodations: There are numerous accommodations in the area. Search here to learn more about Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY hotels and shop and stay packages for Canadian cross border shoppers:
Macy’s Boulevard Mall
Store Highlights: Located in Amherst New York, this Macy’s store incorporates a men’s store in addition to a main store. Visitors to the main store will find furnishings, shoes and active wear for all ages, designer glasses from Sunglass Hut, as well as career merchandise for women such as Calvin Klein suit separates and top designs from Alfani, INC., Karen Scott and Style & Co. For the millennial male customer, the men's store carries denim brands from Tommy Hilfiger, Buffalo Jeans, INC and as well as men’s suit separates.
Local Attractions and Activities: Check out these fun things to do in the area.
• First Niagara Center—A multipurpose indoor sports and entertainment arena located in Downtown Buffalo featuring the Buffalo Sabres hockey team and Buffalo Bandits lacrosse games.
• LASERTRON Interactive Entertainment Center—Features the longest-running laser tag in the USA, go-carts, snack bar, arcade and Cyber Sport—a court game combining lacrosse and basketball that is played while seated on maneuverable cars.
• University of Buffalo—Attend basketball, baseball, softball, track and field and football games.
• AMC Maple Ridge 8—Catch a movie at this local theater (movies and show times are listed online).
• Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards in Gasport NY—a 340-acre working fruit and vegetable farm that sells its produce, including pumpkins. Go apple picking and pick up baked goods, fudge, cider, craft wine and beer.
• Village of Williamsville—Visit this charming, historic destination for its gift shops and restaurants.
• Buffalo Niagara Canalside—Waterfront to America's largest Naval Park—the Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park. Erie Basin Marina features an observation tower with breathtaking views of Buffalo and Canada. Rent a kayak or waterbike, or cruise on the Queen City Water Ferry.
Address: Boulevard Mall, 1255 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Amherst, NY 14226
Travel time and distance from the Peace Bridge: 26 minutes/15.7 miles
Directions from the Peace Bridge:
• Get on 190 S Buffalo US
• Continue on 190 N.
• Take 290 E to US 62S Niagara Falls Boulevard Tonawanda
• Take exit 3A from 290E
• Continue on US62S/Niagara Falls Boulevard
• Drive to Alberta Drive in Amherst, NY
Area hotel accommodations: Doubletree Hotel, Hyatt, Staybridge Suites, Buffalo Marriott Niagara and Candlewood Suites
Macy’s Burlington Town Center
• Michael Kors: Handbags, Shoes, Watches and Jewelry
• Calvin Klein: Handbags, Shoes, Dresses, Suits and Menswear
• The North Face in Men’s, Women’s, and Children’s
• Active: Men’s—Nike, Champion, Underarmour and Adidas; Women’s—Calvin Klein Performance and Ideology
• The store offers several brands known and loved by Canadians: INC, Alfani, Style&Co, and Charter Club.
• Largest Designer Outerwear and Men’s Suits department in Vermont.
• Complimentary Skincare Consultation with trained beauty advisor
• Free bra fitting from certified specialist
• Men’s suit and dress shirt sizing with wear now suit separates
• Free Gift With Purchase at Clinique counter and most fragrance brands
• Tax Free Shopping on all apparel purchases and only 7.5% sales tax on cosmetics, jewelry, handbags and Home Store wares
• Complimentary jewelry cleaning and watch sizing
• Acceptance of Canadian currency as a form of payment
• One-on-One Shopping Service can be provided by appointment—call the store to arrange.
• Several store Associates can speak French and help answer questions.
Local Attractions: Church Street Marketplace features several local restaurants, which provide farm-to-table menu’s. Explore Lake Champlain and watch the Giant Pumpkin Regatta.
Address: 67 Cherry Street, Burlington Town Center, Burlington, VT 05401
Travel Distance: Located about 96 miles from Montreal, Burlington is a popular cross border shopping destination for Canadians living in Quebec.
Directions from Montreal:
• Take AutoRoute 10E
• Use left two lanes to AutoRoute 15S/AutoRoute 20E exit toward Port Champlain Bridge/Sherbrooke
• Take exit 22 for AutoRoute 35S toward AutoRoute 89/Saint-Luc/Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu
• Turn left onto QC-133S
• Continue onto I-89 S
• Take exit 14W for US-2 W toward Burlington
• Merge on Main Street towards Downtown
• Turn right onto South Winooski Ave.
• Turn left onto Cherry Street
Accommodations: There are three hotels adjacent to the store: Burlington Courtyard Marriott, Hotel Vermont, and Burlington Hilton. Note: For Canadian visitors, there is a per-person duty exemption of $400 for a 24-hour stay, and $800 for a 48-hour stay.
Macy’s South Portland at the Maine Mall
Store Highlights: Located in Portland, ME, this Macy’s store features apparel, handbags, footwear, jewelry, cosmetics and home furnishings from leading national, designer and private brands. Customers can meet all their cold-weather needs with this store’s broad selection of merchandise. They will also find Bobbi Brown and MAC Cosmetics; award-winning Maine jams, jellies condiments and baking mixes from Stonewall Kitchen; Finish Line Footwear and sunglasses from Sunglass Hut.
The store will also conduct product demonstrations and provide jewelry cleaning, bra fittings and more.
Local Attractions: Macy’s S. Portland is located just minutes from the famous “Old Port” in Downtown Portland and is also near many scenic, coastal Maine towns worth visiting. Old Port highlights include cobblestone streets, 19th-century brick buildings and a host of lively restaurants and bars. Travellers can also visit two nearby lighthouses—Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse and Portland Breakwater Lighthouse (“Bug Light”) and catch a show at Portland Players or Lyric Music Theater.
Address: The Maine Mall, 100 Maine Mall Road, South Portland, ME 04106
• from the Jackman/Armstrong Border Crossing: 3.5 hours
• from the Coburn/Gore/Woburn Border Crossing: 3 hours
This Macy’s store is a popular cross border shopping destination for Canadians living in Central and Southern Ontario.
Directions from Quebec:
• Jackman/Armstrong Border Crossing:
--U.S. Route 201 South to U.S. Route 95 South
--Exit 45 Maine Mall Road then follow signs to the Maine Mall
• Coburn/Gore/Woburn Border Crossing:
--U.S. ME Route 27 South to U.S. 95 South
--Exit 45 Maine Mall Road then follow signs to the Maine Mall
Macy’s Bangor Mall
Store Highlights: Macy's Bangor offers a first-class selection of top fashion brands, including Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Clinique, Estee Lauder & Levis. In addition to shoes and clothing, Macy's has a wide variety of housewares, gifts and furniture. Store associates can speak French.
Special Events and Services During Canadian Appreciation Weekend: Free jewelry cleaning; specialty bra fitting; kids table with activities and face painting; hot beverage demo and samples; holiday food samples provided by Stonewall Kitchen; Fitbit activity tracker demo cosmetic makeovers provided by Macy’s beauty advisors; make-up consultations by appointment; live entertainment (singer/songwriter, piano and choral group performances); disc jockey; local restaurant tie-ins, including samples and preparation tips; Canadian reception table with gift bags (while supplies last)
Local Attraction: Visit Hollywood Slots in Bangor for gaming. The Fort Knox State Historic Site is located nearby in Prospect, ME.
Address: 651 Stillwater Avenue, Bangor, ME 04401
Travel Distance: Macy’s Bangor is the closest location to the Maritime Provinces and northeastern Quebec. The store is located about 230 miles from Quebec City and is a popular border shopping destination for Canadians living in New Brunswich and Eastern Quebec.
• from St. Stephen, NB: Follow Rt 9; follow signs to the Bangor Mall
• from Quebec: Follow Rue du President-Kennedy to US 201 through Jackman to I-95 north; exit at Hogan Road for the Bangor Mall
Accommodations: Bangor has a variety of hotels in all price ranges—call the store for recommendations. Note: For Canadian visitors who stay 48 hours or more there is a Canadian customs exemption for up to CAN$800 without duty or taxes.