A proud supporter of diversity, inclusion and respect for all, Macy’s marks Pride Month this June with a variety of special initiatives.
With its annual Pride + Joy celebration campaign, Macy’s will feature a multitude of in-store fashion events, commemorative advertising and window displays, exclusive Pride merchandise available at Macy’s stores nationwide and on macys.com, gift registry booths for couples in key cities, celebrity appearances, a special shopping package and gift card available WHERE, organization sponsorships and employee participation in Pride parades across the country.
Macy’s Participates in Pride Parades
Macy's employees will support its local colleagues in more than 20 Pride parade celebrations taking place in June, July, September and October. The support includes a platinum sponsorship and the debut of a new specially designed float at this year’s New York City Pride Parade. Macy’s employees will fly a Macy's red star balloon and will distribute special Pride + Joy items to the crowds at many of the parades. Macy’s is supporting its colleagues at Pride Parades in the following cities.
- Phoenix – Sunday, April 8
- Miami – Sunday, April 8
- Guam – Saturday, June 2
- Puerto Rico – Sunday, June 3
- Boston, MA – Saturday, June 9
- Birmingham, AL – Saturday, June 9
- Los Angeles, CA – Sunday, June 10
- Columbus, OH – Saturday, June 16
- Houston, TX – Saturday, June 23
- St. Petersburg, FL – Saturday, June 23
- Cincinnati, OH – Saturday, June 23
- Minneapolis, MN – Sunday, June 24
- San Francisco, CA – Sunday, June 24
- New York City, NY – Sunday, June 24
- St. Louis, MI – Sunday, June 24
- Seattle, WA – Sunday, June 24
- Chicago, IL – Sunday, June 24
- Lexington, KY – Saturday, June 30
- San Diego, CA – Saturday, July 14
- Space Coast, FL – Saturday, September 29
- Orlando, FL – Saturday, October 13
- Atlanta, GA – Sunday, October 14
Macy's core value of acceptance is reflected in our commitment to supporting the LGBTQ community through the fostering of an inclusive culture and environment that inspires our colleagues and customers to be their authentic self, every day. – Kristyn Doar-Page, Macy’s vice president of Diversity and Inclusion.
Unique Pride Merchandise at Macy’s
Macy’s long-standing commitment to the LGBT community goes beyond celebrations and extends to community support through various organizations that help better the lives of all LGBT Americans.
This year, special Pride fashions will be available at more than 500 Macy’s stores and macys.com via a collaboration with Kenneth Cole for the brand’s TIED WITH PRIDE campaign. The limited-edition capsule collection available now, supports the LGBTQ community and helps to raise awareness about organizations committed to equality. The gender-neutral collection features t-shirts, hats and socks, along with the iconic Pride KAM sneaker in black and white, each designed with proud rainbow details.
Shoppers can also wear their Pride with specially created merchandise from brands including Calvin Klein, Levi’s, 2(x)ist, American Rag and Michael Kors. Designed with attention-grabbing graphics and rainbow flag colors, all customers can purchase a variety of featured products available at select Macy’s stores and online at macys.com, including tees, tank tops, watches, accessories, undergarments, coffee mug, and more.
Pride Shopping Bag and Gift Card
Macy’s customers can purchase a Pride Shopping Package throughout the month of June through the Visitor Center in Macy’s Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Downtown LA, Downtown Boston, Center City in Philadelphia, Millenia Mall in Orlando and Dadeland in Miami. The special tote bag will contain a $10 Gift Card.
Special Pride Store Events
Macy's will host special in-store Pride festivities that highlight the latest fashions for customers, celebrate love and equality, and help local charities reach new audiences, while featuring guest appearances by local DJs, celebrities and LGBTQ influencers.
The star-studded events will include appearances by two-time Olympic figure skater, U.S. champion and fashion icon, Johnny Weir, who will host runway shows at Macy's Center City (Philadelphia), Metro Center (Washington, D.C.), Beverly Center (Los Angeles), Tyrone Square (St. Petersburg), State Street (Chicago), and Herald Square (New York).
At these events, Johnny will also meet with fans and sign copies of "Welcome to My World," his new autobiography. "RuPaul's Drag Race" stars Pandora Boxx (Los Angeles) and Alexis Mateo (St. Petersburg) will also be on hand to meet with fans, as will "Real Housewives of Atlanta" breakout star Miss Lawrence at Macy's Downtown Boston, Downtown Pittsburgh, and Herald Square.
Attendees of events at the Union Square and Herald Square stores will receive a Pride Welcome Bag. Guests will be able to select a colored drawstring bag featuring a Pride logo, various store offers, a $10 Macy’s gift card and a 10% off Savings Pass.
Macy’s Pride Month special events will be held at the following stores:
• Macy’s Beverly Center (Los Angeles) – Saturday, June 2, at 2 p.m.
• Macy’s Downtown Boston (Boston) – Wednesday, June 6, at 6 p.m.
• Macy’s Easton (Ohio) – Saturday, June 9, at 1 p.m.
• Macy’s Southdale (Minneapolis) – Saturday, June 9, at 1 p.m.
• Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco) – Tuesday, June 12, at 6 p.m.
• Macy’s Water Tower Place (Chicago) – Saturday, June 16, at 1 p.m.
• Macy’s Herald Square (New York City) – Tuesday, June 19 at 6 p.m.
• Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco) – Saturday, June 23, at 2 p.m., with Fortune Feimster
• Macy’s Tyrone Square (St. Petersburg) – Saturday, June 23, at 11 a.m.
• Macy’s Millenia Mall (Orlando) – Friday, October 12, at 7 p.m.
• Macy’s Lenox Square (Atlanta) – October
Check out visitmacys.com/events for store event descriptions and more.
For additional information about Macy's Pride + Joy campaign, visit www.macys.com/celebrate. The site features Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry, which welcomes all couples, as well as Pride in-store event listings, background on Macy’s national Pride partners and more.